The Fayetteville Young Professionals (FYP) is a membership division of the Fayetteville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce, designed to provide opportunities for young professionals to develop the skills they need to succeed in their chosen profession or occupation. Events will consist of both networking socials and training events, designed to enhance both personal and professional development.
To create a network of young professionals in the greater Fayetteville area that fosters personal and professional development through relationship building, skill enhancement, community enrichment, and career advancement opportunities; to engage them to take ownership in the future success of our community.
- Keep young professionals in Fayetteville
- Increased interaction with peer group
- Enhance career development
- Increase career opportunities
- Contribute to the community
Who are We
Over 450 FYP members
- 5% are students
- 5% are soldiers/defense/stylists/ or other
- 5% are teachers
- 5% are in some sort of medical profession (dentists, physical therapists, nurses, etc.)
- 5 % are reporters/journalists
- 5% are lawyers
- 10% are bankers/accountants/CPAs
- 10% are in real estate
- 15% marketing/communications/design/arts
- 15% are entrepreneurs (own their business/self-employed)
- 15% are in sales
FYP began with a group of 20 young professionals that came together as an advisory board to plan the mission and goals for the organization.